Thursday, May 30, 2013

Off to Franklin, Indiana....???!!!

Tonight,  maybe about 5:00, I'm going to get in the wonderful, new-ish VW Beetle and head for the fiber festival at Franklin, Indiana, which is just to the south of Indianapolis.  I will aim for Fort Wayne, which is maybe 90 minutes away from Indianapolis -- no point in trying to swim the whole pool in one lap!!!   Besides, the festival doesn't open until noon on Friday, so I could actually rest a little bit in the morning, knit, sip some good coffee at a decent espresso shop (if I can find one) and mosey on down to Franklin.  This isn't a huge festival, and I note with some alarm that they are padding the resume, so to speak, with some potters and soapmakers.  But -- I'm sure to find some new people who deal in yarn and roving.  So it's a done deal.  I'll of course take my camera and make report.  Indiana has some of THE best collectible and antique shops in the midwest, so maybe I can find some truly cool vintage buttons!!!!!!!  I return sometime Friday night.     svb

No comments:

Post a Comment