Friday, October 10, 2014

Knitting, thinking...

...sitting here knitting, and wondering whether other American citizens (including and especially knitters and once-upon-a-time voters) will see the incredible social danger that lurks in a life lived more and more remotely.   An Amazon Prime subscriber said this:  "The day I can have Amazon ship next day Ramen is the day I will stop leaving my house... Oh wait..."  This was supposed to be funny.  Here's the central idea:   If we can use the web to buy everything we need and have someone we don't know deliver it to our door, we can live entirely solitary lives and never have to interact.  I don't want to go on.   I'll knit some more and then I'll go to the shop where, I hope, someone will come in and actually talk with me.    svb

No comments:

Post a Comment