Saturday, September 24, 2011

Change in direction....

Larry and I have decided to forego the local festivals (see previous post!) at West Branch and Romeo in favor of a long, lovely drive to North Carolina in late October to the fabulous Southeast Fiber Festival near Ashville.  We will rent a car and take our time driving, from Thursday mid-day (if I can find a person to guide my Thursday class through a discussion) until late-day Monday.  He loves Asheville; I love the antique shops along the way (think BUTTONS!), and both of us are eager to see what has become of the Asheville show, which is held at a huge agricultural center across the street from the Asheville Regional Airport.  Since I was last there three years ago, it has GROWN.  And I finally get to meet Stacy Budge, the maker of our wonderful UrbanGypZ fingering yarns.  So that's the decision.  I will have much more to say about this in a month.  Meanwhile, fiber aficionados should check out their website (which can also be accessed through the events tab on knittersreview.com).   svb

No comments:

Post a Comment